On Monday 25 September 2017, hospitality industry networking group Arena holds its annual Face2Face event in London.
This year, in an in-depth interview, ITN’s Alastair Stewart and Matthew Brabin, CEO, ISS UK & Ireland (pictured above) will get to grips with the critical issues impacting the foodservice and hospitality industry – from operators and manufacturers to suppliers and wholesalers – and ask pressing questions, such as: How do we counteract rising food inflation and labour costs? What is the answer to the recruitment crisis? How do we ride the Brexit wave? What future role will technology play? Are customers expecting too much for too little?
In the UK, ISS has a strong presence in business and industry, healthcare (it is the biggest contract caterer within the NHS), education and defence. ISS’ catering revenue in the UK totals £280m. £220m of this comes from the public sector, with the remaining £60m from the private sector.
Brabin will will give insight and opinion on the following topics that continue to dominate industry headlines:
* Food Inflation – with inflation in wholesale foodservice prices hitting 9% in May, a nine-year high, how can we manage the tremendous financial pressures alongside growing customer expectations?
* Recruitment – what are the root causes and solutions to the ongoing recruitment crisis and increased labour costs?
* Brexit – how can businesses flex to realise opportunities from the uncertainty of Brexit, in the UK and globally?
* Innovative supplier relationships – how is ISS working with foodservice suppliers to make headway with sustainability, technology and health and wellbeing?
* The future of technology – using technological advances to provide solutions to issues and enhance customer relationships and experiences
* A changing population – why it’s not wise to ignore the demands of the well-informed and information-hungry millennials as they shape the future workforce
* The growing delivery market – the high street is traditionally the focal competitor for contract caterers but with the delivery sector disrupting the status quo, how are they reacting?
As well as insight and discussion, attendees will benefit from opportunities to connect with professionals from across the foodservice and hospitality industry and debate the issues throughout the event. They will also enjoy the superb hospitality of The Berkeley, one of Knightsbridge’s leading 5-star hotels, during the drinks reception and three-course lunch with wine.
Tickets are available now. Click here for more information and to buy tickets or contact Lorraine Wood on 07803 853 618.