Leading tobacco accessories supplier, Republic Technologies (UK) Limited, has rewarded the efforts of its cash & carry and wholesale partners with its first annual Republic Technologies Wholesale Awards.
The awards, held last week, aim to recognise the commitment of the company’s wholesale and cash and carry partners to growing the tobacco accessories category in-depot throughout 2015.
“With these awards we’re recognising the efforts to which our cash & carry and wholesale partners have gone to grow sales of tobacco accessories, during what has been a particularly challenging time for the tobacco category,” said Gavin Anderson, general sales manager at Republic Technologies.
“We pride ourselves on working closely with customers to offer best practice advice and category management, and these awards show what can be achieved with a successful supplier partnership.”
Rahul Kotecha, group trading controller at Dhamecha Cash & Carry, which won two awards (pictured above), said: “We are honoured to receive Republic Technologies’ inaugural Wholesale Performance Award as well as the accolade for Best Customer Activity 2015. We have worked closely with Republic Technologies in developing their brand presence in depot and new product launches, and have always been actively supported with trade days and supplier week promotions. We are delighted to have won these awards in two very competitive categories.
The six award categories and their respective winners for activity carried out in 2015 were as follows:
- Wholesale Performance Award – Dhamecha Cash & Carry
- Outstanding Growth Award – CTC Wholesalers
- Outstanding Depot Awards – Khanjra International Foods Ltd
- Best Customer Activity Award – Dhamecha Cash & Carry
- Depot Manager Excellence Award – Mark McGeehan (Makro Birmingham)
- Retailer of the Year Awards (2x) Awarded to retailers able to increase range and grow sales via Booker and Bestway – Family Shopper Store (Camborne) and Extra Local Store (Bognor Regis)
Pictured above, from left to right: Rahul Kotecha, group trading controller (Dhamecha); Steven Hughes, national account manager (Republic Technologies); Mukesh M Vithlani, trading director (Dhamecha); and Gavin Anderson, general sales manager (Republic Technologies).