Bestway last night honoured and rewarded the efforts and achievements of its staff at its “internal Oscars”, the Bestway Performance Awards, in a gliyttering ceremony in Mayfair, London attended by over 500 people.
David Howe and Sajid Mahmood scooped the top two awards s for the second successive year as they collected Group Overall Manager of the Year and Group Overall Branch of the Year respectively.
David, of Bestway Batleys Bellevue, Edinburgh, said: “To have won the award for the second year running is a fantastic recognition of the work that the team at Bellevue has put in over the past year. I am forever telling staff that we have to show consistency and up our game wherever possible as I realise that customers have options when it comes to choosing their wholesaler. At Bellevue we pride ourselves not only on offering the best possible prices and range but also on the level of service and assistance we offer customers.”
And Sajid, of Bestway Manchester, added: “Bestway and Batleys has tremendous managers who every day go that extra mile for customers. To win the top accolade again is overwhelming and a testament to the work and dedication put in by staff in our depot. In wholesale, selling boxes is no longer enough – we have to sell ourselves and the offer we provide to customers, particularly in the north-west which is a highly competitive area. This award will spur my team and me on to ensure that we continue to meet the needs of both our customers and be the wholesaler of choice in the North-West.”
Zameer Choudrey Bestway Group CEO commented: “David, Sajid and all the other winners are excellent examples of the talent pool we have within the business. I and my fellow directors are extremely grateful to them – and indeed to all our staff – who continue to make sure that Bestway and Batleys depots lead from the front in terms of customer service and engagement and realise our mission of building business for independents. We trade in a business where good people are the most valuable commodity of them all. The BPAs are incredibly important to us as it offers us an opportunity to recognise those within Bestway and Batleys who have made an outstanding contribution to our success and showcase to our supplier partners the talent that will be driving our mutual businesses in the coming years.”
In addition to internal awards, there were two awards handed out to supplier partners voted for by Bestway depot staff for their commitment and service to the Bestway business. Heineken UK was awarded the Most Innovative Supplier of the Year with Barr Soft Drinks collecting the prize for Overall Supplier of the Year.
The full roll of honour is as follows:
- Group Head Office Employee of the Year – Zahir Fazaldin, Facilities amp; Property Controller
- Group Head Office Department of the Year – Digital Department, presented to Jamil Mohammed, Digital amp; E-commerce Manager
- Group White Pearl Branch of the Year – Bestway Batleys Glasgow, presented to Steve Wilkie, General Manager
- Group Best-in Branch of the Year – Bestway Aintree, presented to Trupti Patel, General Manager
- Group Catering Branch of the Year – Batleys Aberdeen, presented to Steven Young, General Manager
- Group Export Depot of the Year – Bestway Abbey Road, presented to Abdul Shakoor
- Group Catering Special Achiever’s Award – Billy Rhind, Sales Manager, Bestway Batleys Foodservices
- Bestway Branch Manager of the Year – Sarbjit Singh Ubhey, General Manager, Bestway Leicester
- Batleys Branch Manager of the Year – Robbie Reid, General Manager, Batleys Newcastle
- Group Overall Manager of the Year – David Howe, General Manager, Bellevue, Edinburgh
- Bestway Branch of the Year – Bestway Swansea, presented to Aizad Durrani, General Manager
- Batleys Branch of the Year – Batleys Cleveland, presented to Dave Bolam, General Manager
- Group Overall Branch of the Year – Bestway Manchester, presented to Sajid Mahmood, General Manager
- Most Innovative Supplier of the Year – Heineken UK, presented to Dan Robinson, Richard Towe and Rob Bazley
- Overall Supplier of the Year – Barr Soft Drinks, presented to Jonathan Kemp and Vinnie Liddar