Premier Foods has promoted Andy Riddle to head of foodservice – cash and carry sales.
Riddle will be reporting directly to Mat Baker, director of foodservice and ingredients. Riddle was previously business unit controller for Tesco for two years and also worked in a number of senior sales roles with Mars Confectionery before that.
Mat Baker said: “Andy Riddle comes to this new role having already gained a wealth of experience within Premier Foods.
“The business has grown considerably over the last year, creating the need to conduct an extensive restructuring programme to ensure we have the key people and necessary skills in place to drive the business forward in the future.”
=== buyer in the picture ===
sami qayyum, bestway cash carry, park royal
* Job title: group negotiator
* Date you joined the company: 7 October 2002
* Previous employers/roles: working with my father in his retail garments business
* Responsible for: nbsp;branded grocery, health beauty, household, as well as being on the look out for volume deals for genuine export
* Senior School attended: Froebel’s International
* College/Uni: University of Westminster
* Married/single/family: married to Syma Janjooa with three daughters, Noor six, Dua three and Dania 18 months
* How is your leisure time spent: nbsp;with the kids, eating out and shopping
* Offer one piece of advice to help suppliers succeed with you: I consider our suppliers to be our partners and want them to take full ownership of our business to achieve the desired results
* The best promotion currently running with our customers is: nbsp;buy Yorkshire Tea 80s and get Yorkshire Gold 40s free
* My vote for the best current/recent TV/Press advertising is: I really liked the one for Audi RS-8 “The slowest car we ever built”
* The best new product launch in the past year is: not really a new product but a totally new proposition. The recent price marked packs of Dettol, Harpic, Airwick and Vanish for pound;1 from Reckitt Benckiser,
* Gripe of the month: accountants who may not necessarily understand the current business needs yet take all the business decisions. Price is a key factor in driving volume especially in the current economic climate.