* Job title: buying manager
* Date you joined the company: 21st September 2004
* Previous employers/roles: Brakes – senior purchasing manager
* Responsible for: nbsp;confectionery, crisps and snacks
* Senior School/College attended: France Hill, Camberley, Surrey
* Married/single/family: married with two children – a daughter, Jamie, age 11 and son Callum, age nine
* How is your leisure time spent: nbsp;I enjoy DIY, cycling, motor sport and spending time with friends
* Offer one piece of advice to help suppliers succeed with you: be prepared, honest and willing to engage
* The best promotion currently running with our customers is: the Safari programme, which recognises customer loyalty and rewards those who buy certain products. Customers who buy participating suppliers’ products can collect points for the chance to win a holiday to South Africa, or exciting consumer electrical prizes.
* My vote for the best current/recent TV/Press advertising is: Strathmore Water with the street dancers.
* The best new product launch in the past year is: Walkers Flavours.
* Gripe of the month: service levels. Ordering and delivering goods should not be ‘rocket science’, but so many companies manage to complicate it beyond belief. Give me strength.